Nitecore is a big name in the vape industry, but they’re mostly known for their camera gear. Their 2-4-6 and 8 bay chargers are an industry standard. Packed with features, how will the i4 stand up against the competition?
I received my Nitecore i4 Intellicharger a couple of month ago, and have been using it daily ever since. So, was it worth the price?
Before we start, let’s take a look at some of the features of the i4 Intellicharger:
- Capable of charging 4 batteries simultaneously
- Automatically identify Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries and apply an appropriate charging mode (Constant Charge Current (CC), Constant Charge Voltage (CV) and Trickle Charge).
- 3 Color LED displays charging progress for each battery
- Automatically stops charging when complete
- Reverse polarity protection
- Designed for optimal heat dissipation
- Certified by both RoHS and CE
And the specifications:
- Li-ion/IMR/LiFePO4: 10340, 10350, 10440, 10500, 12340, 12500, 12650, 13450, 13500, 13650, 14350, 14430, 14500, 14650, 16500, 16340(RCR123), 16650, 17350, 17500, 17650, 17670, 18350, 18490, 18500,18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22500, 22650, 25500, 26500, 26650
- Ni-MH(NiCd): AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D
- Input voltage: AC 100~250V 50/60Hz 0.25A(Max) 10W DC 9~12V 1A
- Output voltage: 4.35V ±1% / 4.2V ±1% / 3.7V ±1% / 1.48V ±1%
- Output current: 1.5A x 1 / 0.75A x 2 / 0.5A x 2 / 0.375A x 4
- Dimensions: 5.5″ x 3.7″ x 1.5″ inches (140mm × 94.8mm × 37mm)
- Weight: 7 oz (202g) (without batteries and power cord)
The i4 is not the first Nitecore product I’ve owned, but it is the first 4-bay charger that I’ve used. I was immediately impressed with the quality of the product. Everything from the charger cord, to the input connection, to the battery sled and overall product construction were top notch. Everything was well labeled and easy to read, and the battery charged indicator lights were all bright, and easy to see at any time of day.
The i4 was almost too quick. I charged batteries at different states (from completely dead – to 50%). On average, the 4-bay Nitecore Intellicharger was able to bring 1 18650 from 0-5% to 100% in 1.5 hours, and 1 set of 18650’s from 0-5% to 100% in 2.2 hours.
Battery sled spring is really tight, and seem like it will stay that way for a long time
Charging cable is high quality, and plugs fit securely into an outlet
While batteries were being charged, they stayed cool to the touch, even after an hour of charging
Compatible with a slew of batteries, means you can use it for more than vape batteries
Relatively small, all things considered
Able to automatically identify different battery types, no need to switch modes
Reverse polarity protection, for all those time you’re not paying attention
Indicators are easy to read
Can charge 4 different type batteries at the same time
Can only charge 1 26650 at a time
A bit on the pricey side
Even though the Nitecore Intellicharger is a bit on the pricey side, I think it’s worth every penny! Having a big name brand like Nitecore behind your product can be a good thing as well, as you’ll have piece of mind knowing that you’re using the best of the best. I’ve never had a Nitecore product fail me, and I’ve been using them for years.
Would I recommend the i4 to a friend? Without question
Would I purchase an Nitecore product in the future? Absolutely. My old Nitecore 2-bay lasted for 5+ years after frequent daily use! I expect the same kind of durability from the Nitecore Intellicharger.