This single 18650 Recurve by Mike Vapes is a great starting point for anyone looking to dive into the squonk game. The 80w device was designed by a vaper with other vapers in mind.
I was impressed with the Recurve almost immediately. It was definitely designed with the end user in mind; and while that may not sound like much, it makes a world of difference long term. Ergonomically speaking, the Mike Vapes x Wotofo Recurve Squonker has a great hand-feel, and doesn’t look half bad resting on the table either. It’s lightweight (but not too light), and extremely straightforward to use, which helped minimize the learning curve right out of the gate. Don’t be fooled its unregulated categorization, it has a slew of features that more than make up for the lack of an output display. This squonker may not feature a second battery, but with support for 18650’s | 20650’s | 20700 | and 21700s, it is far from under powered.
Before we go over the positives and negatives, let’s take a look at the
- Proprietary Chip
- Power Output Based on Current Battery State
- 80W Maximum Output
- 3.2 to 4.2V Output Voltage
- 0.08 to 3.0 ohm Atomizer Range
- Bottom Feed Bottle
- 8ml Maximum Capacity
- Knurled Delrin Cap
- Removable Magnetic Panel
- LED Light Indicator
- Behind Squonk Bottle
- Blinks 5 Times To Indicate Short Circuit
- Blinks 10 Times To Indicate Low Voltage
- LED Light Stays On To Indicate Overheating
- Blinks Once To Indicate No Atomizer Detected
- LED Stays On When Charging And Turns Off At Full Charge
- Single 18650/20650/20700/21700 Battery Powered
- Removable Magnetic Battery Panel
- Battery Sold Separately
- Single Button Control Face
- Oversized Firing Button
- Micro USB Charging
- 2A Max Charge Rate
- Rubberized Zinc Alloy Construction
- PCB Circuit Board
- Short Circuit Protection
- Low Voltage Protection
- Overheating Protection
- 10 Second Auto Cutoff Protection
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Over Charging Protection
- Over Discharging Protection
- Feels great in the hand.
- Comfortable to use firing with trigger finger and thumb.
- Rubberized coating helps the mod stick in place while squonking.
- Zinc alloy body has a nice weight to it.
- Magnets used for the doors are perfect, they’re easy to remove and stay put while vaping.
- Metal squonk tube seems like it will last a very long time.
- Clicky -ish fire button.
- White on black positive/negative markings on the battery ‘sled’ are easy to read.
- Support for four different size batteries.
- Squonk bottle has a nice feel. It’s soft enough to feel how much you’re depressing, but firm enough hold its shape over time.
- Professional logo.
- Quality 510 battery.
- Knurled squonk bottle top cap is a nice touch.
- Lighted squonk bottle feature
- Fires builds down to 0.08ohm’s
- 2A charging
- Fits most larger toppers without overhang
- Very stable (no tipping!)
- Slew of integrated protection features.
- 80w max output more than sufficient for single coil builds
- Available in five colors.
- Proprietary squonk bottle.
- Refilling can get a bit messy.
- Squonk bottle removal and installation was not made for big hands!
- No ability to light bottle without powering off.
- NIT PICK! Magnetic bottle door is a bit noisy.
- Had some issues with the getting the device to fire without direct pressure on the button.
- No output display (was not a big deal for me, but may be a deal changer for others).
- 80w may not be sufficient for more complex dual builds.
The Bottom Line
The Recurve is an absolute pleasure to use when all is said and done. However, it is not flawless; and for someone with bigger hands (like myself), it could actually be a bit of a pain. The 8ml squonk bottle capacity is more than sufficient, but it’s definitely on the small side — and even though the knurled top cap helped, it was still a pain to use overall. Simply filling and refilling of the squonk bottle normally resulted in a huge puddle of e-juice all over the table or hands. Plugging the hole to the squonk bottle did help reduce the mess, but was far from perfect. Removing the bottle before excess liquid had time to drain from the topper and tube resulted in a puddle of e-juice on the table as well.
With that being said, the Mike Vapes x Wotofo Recurve Squonker still managed to win me over. Especially considering most of the issues I experienced were likely due to my own personal inexperience with squonking and squonk devices. Whether you’re looking for a solid starter to try bottom feeding out for size, or looking to add a well made single 18650 box to your collection, the Mike Vapes x Wotofo collaboration would be an assume addition!
Like what you just read? Consider clicking one of the affiliate links in this post or using the Vape Deals page on the site to make your next purchase. You get the chance to buy products (at a discount) from great companies, and we get a small commission when you use these links — which helps keep the lights on and pay for more great content. It’s a win-win!