HorizonTech has released a mod to go along with their popular mesh sub-ohm tank. The HorizonTech Falcon Beak Kit features a list of safety protections, along with a mech output mode meant to appeal to both advanced vapers and beginners alike.
This kit is a must check out in my opinion. In many ways, it’s like a melting pot of regulated stick devices and single/stacked unregulated mechs. It comes in a list of cool colors, and includes the stellar Falcon Sub-Ohm – a tank that has set the standard for many tanks on the market today.
- 3000mah battery
- 3.2v – 4.2v output voltage
- Smart mechanical style output
- Safety protection suite
- LED light indication system
- Stainless 510 threading
- 24k Gold plated spring loaded pin
- Compatible with 25mm toppers
- 88mm by 25mm
- 5 click functionality
- Perfect with Falcon Mesh Tank
- Clicky fire button
- Sleek form factor
- Safe built in battery
- .14ohm fire rating
- Stainless spring loaded 510, great for most any topper
- Fitment for larger tanks
– Most larger toppers available on the market today are going to fit great on top of the HorizonTech Falcon Beak. 24mm tanks will look a bit goofy, but should not cause any further issues.
- 10 second cut off
- List of safety protections
- Mech output mode
– This is really what sets the HorizonTech Falcon Beak apart from other sticks mods. In unison with the safety protection suite, mech output will provide as close to an unregulated vaping experience as humanly possible, without sacrificing user safety.
- Micro-usb charging
- 5 colors available
- Price point
- Simplistic design
- Stainless steel
- Not pocket friendly, it’s just too big
- Tip over alert!
– Like tube mechs, the HorizonTech Falcon Beak has the tendency to tip over very easily. If the tank is not threaded to the devices, this is not that big of an issue, but if the HorizonTech Falcon Beak tips over with a glass sub-ohm tank on top, it will surely cause a crack and leak!
- Heavy for it’s size
– This was a weird one. It’s not quite as heavy as a dual 18650 mechanical, but is definitely on the bulky side for its size. I avoided to carrying the HorizonTech Falcon Beak in my pocket altogether, just as I would any other mech.
- Finishes scratches easily
The Beak addresses (almost) everything that ‘can’ make an unregulated device dangerous. The protection suite covers low power firing, overheating, and short circuit. A 10s cut off reduces accidental firing furthermore.
The 3000mah battery is an absolute must have in this case, and the Beak could probably stand for a future power upgrade. I’d like to see a 5,000mah stick device from HorizonTech, if they don’t already have one in the works!
Anyone looking to get a taste of unregulated devices will find that the Beak is a great place to start. Especially if you do not have 18650s laying around the house, or simply do not want to invest in a mechanical mod you’re not sure you’ll ever use again.
In my opinion, at $50 a pop, the Beak offers real bang for your buck. The Falcon tank alone should validate a purchase!
Register for a chance to win one of these five devices!
- The VooPoo Drag 2
- The GeekVape Aegis Legend
- The SMOK Morph
- The VooPoo Drag Mini
- The Wismec Reuleaux Tinker
Simply enter your email on the popup form.
Like what you just read? Consider clicking one of the affiliate links or using the Vape Deals page on the site. You get the opportunity to buy products (at a discount) from great companies, and we get a small commission when you use these links — which helps keep the lights on and pay for more great content. It’s a win-win!