The vape industry has exploded over the course of the past few years. There’s a device available for anyone and everyone, in every color imaginable (almost, anyway). Whether you’re a new vaper on a budget, or an experienced user looking for a new mod, traversing the online vape marketplace can be a daunting task. You don’t have to break the bank to get a great device, though. Here are five affordable vape mods that deliver performance and functionality.
There’s a plethora of vape mods available to the everyday consumer, allowing users to find exactly what the want and need. This is one of the things that makes the vape industry so successful. But along with so many choices, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Where do you start? How much should you spend to get a good quality device? What matters most when on a budget?
The devices below should give you a good starting point. There are a few things to remember when shopping on a budget, you don’t need:
- The newest of the new
- Fancy materials
- A limited edition run
You may have to do some digging to find these devices, as they are often replaced by more current models. Links to the newer version of each mod will be included at the end the description!
Best vape mods for $50 or less
Fast Tech Sold out ALREADY. Use coupon Spin10 on Fugginvapor.com to get it for $49.99
- Dual High Amp 18650 Batteries – Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 5-200W
- Voltage Output Range: 0-8.5V
- Temperature Control Range: 280-600F
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
- Lightweight Zinc and Aluminum Alloy Construction
- Gorgeous Carbon Fiber Finish – Various Designs
- Vaporesso OMNI Board Chipset
- Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
- Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
- Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
- Intuitive 0.91″ OLED Display
- Highly Responsive Adjustment and Firing Mechanisms
- Magnetized Battery Cover
- Spring-Loaded 510 Connection
Listed Price Range: $23.96 – $54.95
The Tarot offers everything you need in a vape mod, while utilizing a super responsive chipset. It runs on two 18650 batteries, has a magnetized door, and maintains an extremely sleek and portable profile. It offers 160W of firing power and temperature control, allowing it to be used with most toppers available on the market today.
The Tarot Pro is an updated version of the original Tarot. It includes the same features as the original from Vaporesso. The only real changes come in the form of available color options and upgraded chipset.
- Accommodates Toppers up to 24mm In Diameter
- Power output range: 5.0 – 155.0 watts
- Temperature control output power range: 5.0 – 120.0 watts
- Temperature control range: 212°F – 572°F / 100°C – 300°C
- Firing modes: Power, Curve, Temp Ni200, Temp SS304, Temp SS316, Temp SS317, Temp SS304, Temp Ti, TCR, and TFR
- Atomizer resistance range: 0.1 – 2.5 ohm
- Maximum output voltage: 7.5 volts
- Peak output current: 35 amps
- Micro USB port for charging as well as firmware updating
Price Range: $39.95 – $49.99
The Asmodus Minikin is in my top three favorite mods list. It utilizes a superb GX chipset, and two 18650 batteries — providing sufficient firing power in 95% of all vaping situations. The Minikin series from Asmodus was tastefully designed, and feels great in the hand. It’s lighter weight makes it the ideal companion for anyone on the go, and provides a decent amount of drop protection in normal use situations.
- Wattage Output Range: 1~200 Watts
- Temperature Range: 200-600F
- Powerful Wismec RX200 Chip
- Full TC Mode with Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Intuitive OLED Display
- Superior Aluminum Construction
- Poly-Angular Frame
- Magnetized Battery Cover
- Revolutionary Triple 18650 Platform
- Onboard Reverse Polarity Protection
- Available in Black, Matte White, White/Cyan, Black/Red
- Upgradeable Software
- MicroUSB Port – Firmware Upgrades
- Gold Plated 510 Connection
Price Range: $35.95 – $49.61
The RX200 and 200s were quickly replaced by more updated RX models. But if you can get your hands on a dual 18650 RX200 today, you’ll be in for a real treat. These mods were designed with simplicity in mind, and offer a no-thrill appearance. Vapers will find power, functionality, and ease of operation in the RX200 chipset.
- Multiple circuit protection
- Optional circuit in series and parallel: Simply turnover the circuit board, you can choose the series or parallel circuit to your preference
- Alternative operating mode: Under cells in series circuit condition, two modes are available: direct output mode and constant voltage output mode
- Adjustable voltage: 2V to 6V
- Battery display function: Via button lights
- Dual 18650 batteries (batteries sold separately)
Price Range: $30.72 – $44.95
The Noisy Cricket was designed with the user in mind. It offers a sufficient amount of protection for a unregulated device, and allows vapers to adjust voltage on the fly. The Noisy Cricket VII can be run in both series and parallel via a ‘flippable’ circuit board, and its large upper dimensions allow for 25mm toppers to fit without overhang. If it’s cool colors, and resin material you’re looking for, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Variable wattage: 1 – 150W
- Temperature control: 200 – 600Deg F.
- Dual 18650 batteries
- Upgradeable firmware
- Magnetic battery cover
- Stainless steel contruction
Price Range: $38.99 – $49.95
You really can’t go wrong with this dual 18650 box mod. This flagship device from Joyetech offers 150w of firing power, TC modes, and an extremely durable and lightweight construction. Its rectangular form provides a rustic utilitarian feel, while maximizing the device’s stability on most surfaces.
The mini shares the same device functionality as the original cuboid, in a smaller updated package.
When shopping on a budget, steer clear of new releases and fancy features, you simply do not need these things to vape. Resin and wood construction will not affect the performance of the device in any way. Instead, look for mods designed with the user in mind, and devices that utilize a proven operating system. Sticking with brand name manufacturers will also help ensure your purchase stands the test of time.
If you’re rolling in dough and looking for a pricier mod, why not check out our article on The Best Vape Mods of 2018 for Under $100?
Like what you just read? Consider clicking one of the affiliate links in this post or using the Vape Deals page on the site to make your next purchase. You get the chance to buy products (at a discount) from great companies, and we get a small commission when you use these links — which helps keep the lights on and pay for more great content. It’s a win-win!